Monday, January 12

Fish and Chips

Embarrassingly, I have been here a full week without eating any fish and chips. I remedied that this evening by grabbing dinner at a little take-away place across the street aptly named "Fish and Chips." I recorded the meal for posterity:

The fish is cod, and the chips are dosed heavily with salt and vinegar. When compared to the fish and chips I've seen others get at fancier restaurants, it doesn't look like much, but for only 4 pounds, it was really pretty good. Much more filling than what you'd get for the same amount at an American fast food place (though I doubt it's any healthier), and delicious in a cheap-and-greasy sort of way. I will say that I think ketchup is a better condiment than salt and vinegar - the chips tasted a bit bland to my American tongue.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

look at the grease on the paper!!!

I hope it's better than what you'd get at long john silvers (that place attached to Taco Bell in McHenry).

Mom

8:46 PM  
Blogger Jon Monteith said...

You don't like the vinegar?! Crazy talk.

It was always the cod that left me unimpressed. If you get a chance, you should try to locate a good Indian take-away place -- very cheap and delicious food (much of which has been fried 62,000 times).

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home