Thursday, January 29

So a couple nights ago I went to a nearby pub called Queen Boadicea (which takes its name from this tribal queen who led an uprising against the occupying forces of the Roman Empire in around 60 AD) and saw some live music. There were three performers: Sean Redmond, who was the headlining act; Anneka Williams, who was my personal favorite; and a guy named Vincent who is in a band called Vincent and the Bombe Neutron, though the rest of the band wasn't there. It was a very good time. We got a table right in front of where they were playing. I unfortunately didn't bring my camera, so I don't have any pictures, but here's a sampling of the music.

First, "Popstar Politican" by Sean Redmond, who was kind of like a British Conor Oberst, though a bit less emo.


Popstar Politician - Sean Redmond

Next was Anneka Williams, who reportedly just finished recording her album with PJ Harvey's producer. I can't find a way to embed a song by her in this post, but you can listen to her at her myspace page, which is worth doing. She is very soulful and intense.

I also can't find a way to embed any Vincent and the Bombe Neutron songs, but their myspace page is worth a visit as well. Kind of funky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home